DETAILED EVENT AGENDA
• Registration will always start ~6:30pm on the night of the event.
• Members will come in and get registered. Over the course of the event, there will be volunteers available to process the $100 donations either in the form of cash,cheque or credit card (a $2.72 charge is applied for each credit card transaction).
Each donor will receive a receipt for their donation at the event. A formal tax receipt will be provided from the local charity subsequent to the event.
• In return, members get a name tag, a voting card for later in the evening and have the option to submit a local Montreal charity for consideration (need to be from the greater Montreal area and be able to provide tax receipts to each member)
• Members can then grab a drink and mingle with the rest of the group
• Once most people have arrived and are registered the official event kicks off ~7pm
• After a short welcome, we will randomly select 3 member and charity names
• Each of these members will give a short simple non-powerpoint presentation on their charity (see here for tips) in French or English or any combination of the two
• After each speaker, anyone will be able to ask questions to better understand the particular charity and need (again in French or English or any combination of the two)
• After the presentations and questions are complete, all members present will fill out their voting ballot on which one they want the group to support
• While the votes are being tabulated a representative from the charity who received the funds the previous quarter will come give the group an update
• Once the votes are tabulated, the winner will be announced, we will take a group picture with a giant novelty cheque and the official agenda of the meeting will be finished...all by 8pm
• Some will stay to socialize and watch the Habs game and others will leave
• Roughly two weeks later everyone will receive an email detailing the surprise donation drop and the date for the following meeting